Below is a famous clip of Muhammad Ali talking about ethnic/racial identity and in-group preference. It’s only three minutes long but the relevant quotes are written below if you don’t want to watch the full video.
- Interviewer: “Societies made us [human races] different”
- Ali: “No, not society, God made us different-“
- I: “No, no, we’re all just human beings, he made all of us!”
- A: “Listen, blue birds fly with blue birds, red birds wanna be with red birds, pigeons wanna be with pigeons. […] They’re all birds but they’ve got different cultures.”
- I: “I just think it’s sad that…”
- A: “It ain’t sad that I want my child to look like me, every intelligent person wants his child to look like him! I’m sad because I want to blot out my race and lose my beautiful identity? Chinese love Chinese, Pakistanis love their culture, Jewish people…
View original post 1,379 more words